Addiction to drugs such as cocaine and heroin can send your life into a downward spiral. Everything suffers, including your relationships, your finances, and your job or studies. Freeing yourself from the shackles of addiction isn’t easy, but it is possible. Finding the drug rehab program that’s right for you is the first step.
Physical Dependence vs. Addiction
Heroin is an opiate that causes tangible changes to happen in your body and brain. It causes your brain to release a neurotransmitter called dopamine. This hormone affects feelings of euphoria and well-being. Over time, your body can no longer produce these neurotransmitters on its own, often leading to cravings and even addiction.
With the passage of time, anyone who uses heroin on a regular basis will develop a physical dependence on the drug. As a result, they’ll need larger doses to achieve the same high and will experience physical symptoms if they don’t get their normal dose. Everyone who has a heroin addiction has a physical dependency, but not everyone with a physical dependency also has an addiction.
Symptoms and Signs
Drugs like heroin can affect people in different ways. Many people can actually use these substances recreationally without ever worrying about addiction or needing drug rehab. However, a lethal mixture of genetics, environment and medical and mental health factors can combine to transform recreational use into the disease of addiction.
Ask yourself if you experience the following:
- Flu-like symptoms that don’t go away
- Withdrawal symptoms such as body aches, runny nose, diarrhea, restlessness, nausea, and vomiting when you stop using
- Isolating yourself from the people or activities you once loved in favor of heroin or other users
- Cravings and constant worry about how to get your next fix
- Not meeting responsibilities and letting relationships fail
- Doing whatever it takes to get high, including stealing from family
If you see yourself in this list of symptoms, you need drug rehab. These programs provide you the information and support you need in order to understand your addiction. You’ll also learn what triggers you to use while developing a positive network of people that will support you throughout your recovery.
In addition, you’ll build the tools you need to fix relationships that your addiction and behaviors may have damaged. If you live in the Colorado area, Denver drug rehab may be your best option.
The Denver Drug Rehab Program You Need
Imagine finding a place where you truly can find hope and healing. In Colorado’s beautiful capital, Denver Recovery is a top shelf drug rehab center that can help you successfully fight your addiction to heroin.
Our Denver drug rehab staff want to help you succeed. Together, they’ll set up a customized program that fits your needs. Our focus is on you as a whole person. For that reason, our drug rehab programs focus on your physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being. You can expect a personalized combination of many of the following if you become a client at our drug rehab center:
- Individual therapy and counseling to help you understand the root causes of your addiction
- Partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient and outpatient drug rehab programs
- Detox available off-site
- Interaction with peers in life skills and group therapy settings
- Emphasis on physical wellness through outdoor hiking programs
- Family therapy
Don’t let addiction ruin your life. At Denver Recovery, we’re here to help you take your first steps toward a lasting and healthy recovery. Our caring professionals are standing by to give you the support and information you need. Call us today at (844) 602-3175, and begin your life transformation.